1.6.13

it's BHS daaaahling



dress // charity shop, necklaces // primark, shoes // dr martens, rings // mums and forever 21, nail varnish // utopia models own

I've been pretty thrifty recently seeing as my outgoings are really overtaking my incomings. I don't remember the last time I bought something on the high St which is so depressing because I'm a Topshop girl at heart. I just honestly cannot afford it, so when my shopping depression kicked in, I had to feed it some how and the only way was to visit my local Charity Shops. 

I think I've mentioned before how rubbish and over-priced they are, but I think my dire need to shop took over and I have visited nearly every one in the past week. I've been pretty successful too. 

My absolutely star buy was this dress, originally from BHS (I know I know) but as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it because it reminded me so much of a dress I bought from Urban Outfitters a few months back for £50. The same fit exactly but £44.50 cheaper. Apart from this one is a size 14. Is it just me that doesn't look at sizes when vintage shopping? So I took to the changing room and was delighted (but grossed out by a sign that said 'whoever is using the carpet as a toilet, please stop').

You will probably see a lot more of my thrifty buys in my posts to come as I cannot justify the High St price tags at the moment. 


follow on
twitter:  @tarajmcgovern
instagram:  @tazzlexo

5 comments:

  1. love this dress on you. Oh my I can totally sympathise with you on being poor at the moment.I've resorted to ebay, car boots and charity shops now. You look at high street and think 'But that's soo expensive!'

    Here's my most recent post on car boot tips which you may find interesting :)

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/car-boot-haul-and-tips.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i lovee your dress! xx

    http://mestylexo.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg wow that dress is incredible for a charity shop (I even think they're going down hill now!)

    I feel ya pain with the whole Topshop sha-bang... I love it all but my bank balance doesn't love it at all :(

    Bright and Dandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your dress! x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete